too many ripe nectarines, and a dinner guest who has been laughing about my desserts (which I often simply either forget, or forget and then just buy something easy, ice cream for instance), time to make my own ice cream! I moved in with an ice cream machine owner, which is an incredibly handy machine, I can recommend it!
what you need (serves about 4-5, prep. time, 5 minutes, ice machine time, 10-15 more minutes, freezer time, 2-4 hours, depening on freezer probably).
- 3 ripe nectarines, peeled and chopped
- lemon juice of half a lemon
- 2 dl whipped cream
- 30gr caster sugar
1) whip the cream with the sugar, thick, but not too stiff
2) put nectarines with lemon juice in blender and eh.. blend
3) put nectarine mixture in ice cream machine and let the machine do its work for about 5 minutes, it should cool the mixture probably, and make it thicker, but not yet sorbet.
4) add the cream to the machine and run it for another 10 minutes, this again depends on the machine, the mixture should be thick, but easily removable from the machine.
5) put the almost ready ice cream in the freezer for another 2-4 hours, and remove it from the freezer about half an hour before serving (i put it in the fridge)
delicious. guest very happy about my dessert.